Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Moon Cycles

One of the things I will be doing next year is keeping track of many things when I catch a fish to try and develop some trends and patterns. As some of these will be seasonal, some of these may not be revealed for a few years.


A few weeks ago on Grey Owl I had the best bass fishing day of my life. I caught a lot of fish, but also caught and released a lot of big bass.


Just for fun I just looked back to see what the moon cycle was for that day, September 27th. It was the exact day of the new moon.



I googled information regarding the moon and sun cycles and came across an interesting article on where the author was not a true believer of the solunar tables but did find his own corelation to the moon and sun rise and fall times. Interesting read: http://www.anglerguide.com/articles/522.html He did mention other factors in the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment