Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Crestliner Boats

There are a lot of good boats, lots of different kinds of boats. Last year I chose the boat that I felt was the best boat for me. A Crestliner Superhawk 1700. I used it for a month in 2011 and will evaluate it as I use it in 2012. For the one month of daily use the boat with the 115 hp Mercury motor, the boat and motor was exceptional.




I debated buying a fibreglass boat, but it made sense fishing on a shield lake to go with an aluminum boat. My experience in fishing in a number of different aluminum boats was that the Crestliner road and handled better than the other aluminum boats. The quality and features were other selling features. As mentioned I will give a thorough evaluation of the boat.


One thing, when I first got the boat the Mercury motor came with a prop with a 19 pitch. I thought that it was a little slow out of the hole. With help of Glenn Burney Marina, I found the right pitch prop for the boat and motor combination, which was a 17 pitch prop, which made all of the difference.


I bought the boat at Glenn Burney Marina. We dealt with Rick Cole who was excellent to deal with. If you decide to buy a Cresliner, I highly recommend buying it at Glenn Burney through Rick Cole. Some of the new Crestliners come with some cool "Madfish Graphics"




Fishing with my nephews.




Madfish Graphics



First day with the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment