Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Fishing line decisions for 2012

Made my final line decisions and ordered my line for 2012, right or wrong.


I read lots of reviews, pros and cons of each of the line types and cost was a consideration and past good experience with monofilament factored in.


I purchased a spool of 40 lb test Power Pro Spectra for my top water/frogging rod


I purchased a spool of 16 lb test Sunline Super FC Sniper Fluorocarbon for my crank bait rod.


I purchased a spool of 7 lb test Sunline Super FC Sniper Fluorocarbon for my dropshot rod.


My main line for all of my other rods is 17 lb Sufix Elite Monofilament. In the reviews I read, it had almost zero memory, was very castable, good strength both dry and wet and had good knot strength.


This excellent review helped me make my decisions.

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewsufixelitepg2.html


This other link mentioned in an earlier post, also strongly influenced my decisions. http://www.bassfishin.com/blog/fishing-line-guide/

No comments:

Post a Comment