Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Getting closer

Nothing really new with this post. Time is marching on and I am getting closer to getting to the lake and making some informative posts about fishing.


New fishing rods and reels, lures, lines are purchased. A number of new fishing techniques studied and are ready to try.


The weather has been amazing in the Parry Sound area and the snow is rapidly disappearing. It looks like ice out will be early this year.


Two early chores will be getting to learn the lake and mapping out the contours, in particular the shoals and the midlake humps. The second chore will be getting to learn my Hummingbird fishfinder, setting it up to accurately to locate fish and also learning the gps features, in particular mapping waypoints for danger areas and for fish hotspots. The other big thing is my fish finder unit has down and side scan and I would like to learn to interpret the readings better.


Fishing will be only open for Lake Trout and Perch when I get there. I will look forward to Pike opening, but really looking forward to the Bass opening on June 23rd, then the real fun begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment